BROOKTOWN WSOP

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elway indignant after bar cuts him off



According to Elway, he and his girlfriend, Paige Green, along with pal Craig Andrisen arrived at the restaurant around 6 p.m. Wednesday and sat at the end of the bar. Throughout the course of the evening the threesome (pardon?) ordered drinks and appetizers

Several hours later, when Elway attempted to order another glass of wine, he was told by the bartender that management was cutting him off. According to the former Broncos quarterback, he asked to speak to the manager.

"I asked her for her card to find out what her name was," Elway said. "I said to her ‘If that’s your policy (to refuse him another drink), then that’s the way it is but I’m not coming back.’ We had been there for hours, and I appreciated them taking care of me, but we were just sitting there having a discussion. We weren’t even being loud."

Anne Wheeler, the manager on duty, claims that Elway was served seven glasses of wine (a number he disputes) and was cut off when he tried to order an eighth. For the record, Andrisen says Elway was refused a fourth — not eighth — glass of wine and was told that he had to order food if he wanted an additional drink.

"(Elway) got upset and was in my face a little bit," Wheeler said. "He stood up and towered over me and pointed his finger in my face. I apologized, and said I was sorry to hear that he would never come back."

Both Elway and Andrisen deny the alleged intimidation. "I did not stick my finger in the girl’s face or try and intimidate her," Elway said. "It was a matter of discussing things. I said ‘If that’s your policy that’s your policy, but I’m not coming back.’"

SO BASICALLY HE GETS CUT OFF AFTER 3 WINES??? WOW...I GOTTA BE HONEST WITH YA', THAT'S PRETTY WEAK (YOU WOULD CERTAINLY EXPECT A BIT MORE STAMINA OUT OF A 240 POUND MAN...IT'S NOT LIKE HE WAS DRINKING WATERMELON MARTINIS...THIS IS FREAKING WINE) I GUESS THAT HIGH ALTITUDE REALLY MAKES THOSE DRINKS EVEN MORE POTENT THAN DOWN HERE IN THE NORMAL SEA LEVELS. MAYBE IT WAS THE TIME ZONE.

BUT REALLY WE CAN'T HAVE INDIGNANT PEOPLE AT THE LOFT, THERE GOES THAT CELEBRITY BOOKING IN PIER VILLAGE.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home